Hope this blog post finds you well! 🙂 We are back for a brief wrap-up our blog series on addressing the six challenges schools face when it comes to rolling out a successful technology PD initiative.
Our team has spent the last several years developing and iterating to create an innovative, modern professional learning solution that addresses the challenges preventing successful technology PD for educators. Let’s quickly review the challenges we’ve discussed…
- Buy-in from educators - Are your educators and staff motivated and invested in their professional growth when it comes to technology?
- Personalization - Does the PD that’s available offer learning that meets the unique needs and goals of each individual?
- Sustainability - Is your technology PD providing ongoing, job-embedded learning opportunities that can be leveraged at anytime, anywhere?
- Time - Does your training value teachers’ time, use time wisely, and keep teachers in the classroom during instructional hours?
- Logistics + Resources - Do you have the bandwidth and resources to efficiently plan effective professional development that meets the needs of all stakeholders?
- Cost of PD - Is the training you provide cost effective, or are you finding yourself spending gobs of money on sit-and-get, single-session or one-day trainings?
I want to take this opportunity to ask you to reflect on our previous posts and the importance of solving these six challenges. Are your current methods of professional development meeting your teachers’ needs, engaging them based on their individual goals and interests? Do you have the resources, such as training personnel, to support all teachers and provide ample learning opportunities? What is holding you back from full technology adoption and seamless integration of Google and other tools? Whichever challenges you might be facing as a leader or educator, we are here to help.
Please reach out to us anytime (simply click here) to talk with our team about your unique challenges when it comes to implementing professional development… We’d love to hear from you!